Moderation is vital for many aspects in life, from eating to spending money. The same can be said for your laundry. Too much water can flood the machine and too many clothes can overload a dryer. However, let’s not forget that too much detergent can ruin your clothes. Don’t worry, Soapbox Laundry is here to offer some helpful tips on using the proper amount of detergent.Let’s take a look at a few things to keep in mind when adding detergent to your laundry load:
- Detergent is meant to attack dirt and stains, but using too much can cause colors to fade
- Bright colors are the most likely to fade, while black clothing may start to gray
- Using too much detergent can cause a foul odor in the machine, and thus, on your clothing
- Too much detergent can damage the fabric of your clothing
- This mainly happens with your delicate items, as they can become frayed
- It is important to measure out your detergent, as this will help you avoid these mishaps
Soapbox Laundry is always here to assist you with all your laundry needs. Our facility is open and attended 24/7, so stop by when it’s convenient for you! If you have any questions about our services, be sure to contact us via our website, or give us a call at (215) 551-1190.