Approximately one third of our lives is spent in bed, assuming the average amount of sleep per person is 8 hours. It is important to make sure that you keep your bed sheets clean if you spend that much time in them. We’re not saying wash your sheets every time you do your laundry, but washing your sheets once a week will make a huge difference. Here is some information on why washing your sheets is important!
- Bacteria and dust mites can accumulate if you do not wash your sheets often. This can cause you to wake up with a stuffy nose, make your allergies worse or aggravate asthma.
- Sweat and oils spread on your sheets every time you lay on your bed. Did you know that humans produce 26 gallons of sweat in bed each year?
Now even though you may be washing your sheets regularly, there are a few common mistakes that people tend to make when washing the sheets. A few things to keep in mind:
- Watch out for stains! If you see one, try to treat it right away.
- Don’t use too much laundry detergent.
- Do NOT wash in cold water, make sure the water is hot.
- Use the correct washer setting for your sheets.
Soap Box Laundry is your place to go for all things laundry related. Our facility is open and fully attended 24/7 for your convenience. If you have any questions regarding our services, give us a call today at (215) 551-1190.