Spring is finally here, and that means outdoor sports are starting! Soapbox Laundry is here to give you a few tips so you can keep your child’s jerseys as pristine as possible this season!
Let’s dive right into a few tips we have for removing stains and treating jerseys:
- Remove grass/dirt stains with vinegar
- Treat blood stains with hydrogen peroxide
- Sweat can be removed with lemon juice
- Presoaking will pick up loose dirt that machine will not catch
- How to prevent fading
- Turn jersey inside out when washing
- Add a teaspoon of salt in washing machine
Now that we covered what “to do”, let’s take a look at a few things to avoid when washing jerseys:
- Never use bar soap, this can damage fabric
- Do not use chlorine bleach on colors, it can cause fading
- To prevent snagging, do not leave zippers open
- Avoid leaving clothes in machine too long, this can cause colors to bleed
Soapbox Laundry is your expert when it comes to your laundry and clothing care. Our products and services are available 24/7 for your convenience. If you have any questions, give us a call at (215) 551-1190, or you can contact us here.