Folding clothes can be a tedious task, but it goes a long way in preventing wrinkles. At Soap Box Laundry, we are here to help by providing a few tips on how you can avoid common mistakes when folding laundry. Let’s dive right in:
- Don’t let your clothes sit in the dryer. Folding your clothes shortly after they are dried gives you less ironing to do in the long-run. If you don’t have time to take them out of the dryer right away throw a damp towel in and run the dryer again for 15 minutes to avoid wrinkles.
- Shake your clothes out. This may seem trivial, but shaking and smoothing your clothes before folding them has a lasting effect. This will especially help your towels, as this will help keep them fluffy.
- The fabric of your clothing decides whether it should be hung or folded. If it’s a slippery material such as silk, it may be better hung. However, sweaters and cotton clothing can be folded without the risk of creasing.
- Some clothing requires extra care, so it is important to be cautious when it comes to folding. For example, bras are expensive, and the cups can get easily ruined over time. Folding one cup inside of the other is a no-no and can distort the shape. You can avoid the padding getting ruined by nesting your bras inside the other like in the stores.
- Contrary to popular belief, rolling your socks into a ball can actually ruin them. Doing this stretches out the elastic, instead put the two socks together and fold them in half.
Soapbox Laundry is always here to assist you with all your laundry needs. Our facility is open and attended 24/7, so stop by when it’s convenient for you! If you have any questions about our services, be sure to contact us via our website, or give us a call at (215) 551-1190.